UTME Registration soon; hopefully before the end of the year. It is important that prospective UTME candidates know that it is never too early to start preparing for it. As a matter of fact, based on experience, one of the keys to smooth registration and success in every UTME is early preparation.
So this post will guide you on the few things you need to be doing at the moment while we wait for the commencement of the UTME sales of form and the registration.
1. Get your National Identification Number (NIN): In case you do not know already, no candidate will be allowed to register for the 2020 UTME without having a NIN. We earlier provided a step-by-step procedure on how you can acquire NIN. So if you are yet to get yours.
2. Know The Course You Want To Study: Deciding on the course you intend to study is one of the things you should do now before the registration begins. This is because you need time to think before settling down for a career/course. You shouldn’t pick any course. It has to be a course you have passion for; one that you have knowledge about.
3. Know the School You Intend to Apply for: Just like in choosing a course, you need to equally know beforehand the institution you want to apply for. Your criteria in choosing one should be based on whether the school offers the course you intend to study, the admission requirements of the school, the school fees as well as other personal preferences like location etc
4. Know the subject combination for your course: A lot of students make this mistake by choosing the wrong subject combinations for their course. If you want to avoid any form of mistake, use “the JAMB Brochure”, to see the required subject combination for the various courses before registration begins. Remember, that choosing the wrong one can jeopardize your chances of gaining admission. Be wise!!!
5. Start Studying Smart: Finally, start studying now and don’t just study hard, learn to study smart. By now you should know that a good number of JAMB past questions are repeated every year.